Celebrating 25 years in 2016, KTGY Architecture + Planning is an international award-winning full-service architecture and planning firm delivering innovation, artistry, and attention to detail across multiple offices and studios, ensuring that clients and communities get the best the firm has to offer in a variety of building types and locations. KTGYs architects and planners combine big picture opportunities, leading-edge sustainable practices and impeccable design standards to help create developments of enduring value. KTGY serves clients worldwide from offices located in Chicago, Denver, Irvine, Los Angeles, Oakland, Pune, and Tysons.
KTGY Architecture + Planning is constantly on the search for world-class talent. If you are interested in doing challenging work alongside some of the finest professionals in the industry, read on.
What We Offer
We are a dynamic mix of architects, planners, dreamers, and doers. Artistic expression and pride of work defines our culture. However, there is more to life than work. From philanthropy to parties and field trips, there is always something going on. We take great pride in being more than a place that just does great work. We also have a great time doing it.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Written and spoken English language proficiency is essential. We are an equal opportunity employer. Only applications completed online will be considered.
POSITION SUMMARY AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Architect manages project resources and production to ensure production effort is on schedule and on budget, according to design specifications, with desired quality results. The Architect has gained extensive experience over his/her career by continuously working on projects requiring increasing complexity and quality standards. He/She must exercise effective time management and awareness of impact on the project budget and will conduct work within KTGY standards under general supervision.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead communication and coordination effort with Project Manager in US Office.
- Identify and document changes in scope.
- Redline drawings and perform progress coordination checking.
- Consistently verify accuracy of own work and the work of other Team Members.
- Educate and mentor junior staff.
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Manage the following phases under general supervision of the Project Manager:
- Support the design team efforts and solutions by actively interpreting design and code, and coordinating an accurate graphical technical solution.
- Perform code analysis and building justification.
- Review Design Development work with the design team on a regularly scheduled basis.
- Prepare DD drawing to define and elaborate on the design intent.
- Develop constructable project specific details.
- Review standard KTGY details to determine applicability to the specific project.
- Coordinate DD with project design team.
- Possess a firm understanding of and ability to generate technical details such as waterproofing, roofing, exterior closures, openings, structural systems, mechanical/electrical systems, etc.
- Construct a vast majority of a set of CDs independently, with appropriate level of organization and annotation, including dimensions, notation, labels, and detailing.
- Respond to plan check review from municipal agencies, change drawings as required and create written responses to plan check comments to obtain project approvals within an appropriate timeframe.
- Develop complete and accurate deliverable packages appropriate to schedule and budget.
- May review and edit specifications.
- Coordinate with design team and Project Manager in US Office.
- Help US Office to perform all construction phase services.
- Review and respond to RFIs.
- Review submittals.
- Review change orders if required.
- Maintain CA logs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Effectively communicate within a project team including taking direction, giving direction, and asking questions.
- Solve technical issues creatively.
- Possess understanding of the Owner / Architect contract and KTGYs Scope of work.
- Continuously strive to improve knowledge by keeping updated on industry trends and competitor practices.
- Display positive attitude about the work to be done, co-workers, clients, management, and firm policies.
- Show initiative by being proactive and taking prompt action to accomplish objectives.
- Participate as an active and contributing member of a team to achieve team goals and work cooperatively with other team members.
- Use creativity and imagination to develop new insights into situations and apply new solutions to problems.
- Work well leading others through the CD process.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Accurate and detail oriented
- Ability to research and apply various codes and ordinances
- Ability to work on multiple projects and maintain effective communication and quality control
- Demonstrated ability to plan, schedule, direct work of self and others
- Intermediate understanding and proficiency using the following software:
- Sketch Up
- Adobe Suite
- MS Office
- Minimum 6 years industry experience
EDUCATION AND KNOWLEDGE
- 5-year Architectural degree preferred and/or combination of required education and experience.
- Communication skill essential.
- Team Player.
Thank you for your interest in our Pune, India office. In order to be considered for this position, please submit the following information to our email address firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Please Indicate Desired Position
- Cover Letter
- Portfolio (If Applicable)
- Desired Salary
Applicant must be India Residents only.