Ben Kasdan – Webinar: Student Housing in a COVID-19 Environment
June 3, 2020
4:15 – 4:45 PM ET
Segment #2: Impact on Student Housing Design: How is Social Distancing Combined with New Health and Safety Requirements Likely to Impact Architecture?
Proposed Discussion Points:
* Introducing the ‘touch-less environment’: How AI will change design, including proximity sensors, elevators/stairs
* How do you protect the ‘touch-less environment’
* Are clients cautious about committing to new space requirements? Are clients willing to commit to drastic change?
* What changes in student housing may impact the corporate environment?
* Analysis of social distancing and space allocation indoors and outdoors
* Adding vestibules in certain areas
* How is COVID-19 and related social distancing requirements likely to impact off-campus housing?
* What are the ramifications of social distancing in terms of on-campus social activities?
* Benjamin Kasdan AIA, LEED AP, Principal, KTGY Architecture + Planning
* Theresa Genovese, AIA, LEED AP, Principal, CetraRuddy
* Brian O’Connor, Owner, CUBE 3 Studio
* Carl Winstead, AIA, NCARB, Principal, Architect, Senior Project Manager, CLINE DESIGN ASSOCIATES