Jonathan Boriack – Land Entitlement: The Risk & Reward Challenge
Real Estate Private Equity Forum on Land & Homebuilding West
September 24, 2018
5:00 PM PT
Mandarin Oriental Las Vegas
3753 Las Vegas Blvd.
Las Vegas, NV 89198
Jonathan Boriack, Director of Architecture, KTGY Architecture + Planning
Fernando Villa, Partner, Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
Charles McKeag, President, MLC Holdings
Brian Rupp, Senior Vice President, Shopoff Realty Investments L.P.
Gabe Weinert, SVP, Capital Markets, Walker & Dunlop
Andrew Murphy, Chief Investment Officer Woodbridge Pacific Group
- What is the current risk appetite of land developers, homebuilders and investors regarding the entitlement of projects in the Western states?
- What are the most common obstacles in the entitlement process and how are processes being adapted to improve the likelihood of success?
- Which major potential legal issues should be taken into consideration?
- How best to work with councils and governing bodies to fast-track approvals and ensure that projects are right for the community and the investor?
- Similarly, what is the best approach with groups who oppose a development project?
- Greenfields vs urban developments – how does the entitlement process differ?