KTGY’s Wishing Away Hunger – 2013-2014 International Competition Winner
June 4, 2014
The International Winners Are:
- Honorable Mention – “Wishing Away Hunger” by KTGY from Canstruction Orange County, CA
- Best Meal – “May The Food Be With You!” by Sixthriver Architects and Leap! from Canstruction Austin, TX
- Best Use of Labels – “Teach A Man To Fish” by The Preston Partnership from Canstruction Atlanta, GA
- Structural Ingenuity – “We Can Kill Hunger” by STUDIOS Architecture from Canstruction New York City, NY
- Jurors’ Favorite – “Duck Hunt: Aiming To Reduce Hunger!” by Huntsman Architectural Group, Rutherford + Chekene, and GCI General Contractors from Canstruction San Francisco, CA
- People’s Choice – “A Race To End Hunger” by Agrupamento de Escolas de Fajões from Canstruction Portugal
Congratulations to all our winners as well as all who participated in Canstruction during the 2013-2014 competition year! Together we CAN make a difference!
05/17/14 – Judging for this year’s International Competition took place in Nashville, TN. 5 categories were judged by our distinguished panel, while the 6th (People’s Choice) was judged online at Canstruction’s Facebook page. Over 1200 structures were built during the 2013-2014 competition year. Of these, only 6 structures from each city are chosen to be represented at the International Competition.