KTGY 55+ National Practice Area Leader, Manny Gonzalez, Announces Firm’s New 75+ Service-Enriched National Practice Area Leader, Ben Seager
October 21, 2019
In his national role, Gonzalez collaborates with office and studio leaders with a current focus on the Mountain States with Principal Bill Ramsey.
IRVINE, Calif. – KTGY Architecture + Planning announced today that the firm is expanding its 55+ practice area, led by Manny Gonzalez, FAIA, LEED AP, principal, naming Ben Seager, AIA, LEED AP, director, design, practice area leader of the firm’s 75+ service-enriched studio. KTGY’s award-winning senior living practice focuses on residential and the mix of uses that create community.
“Manny Gonzalez is a sought-after authority on active adult residential who is at the forefront of the 55+ development community, transforming architecture and planning for senior living nationally,” said Tricia Esser, CEO of KTGY Architecture + Planning. “In this national role, Manny will share his deep experience and relationships in collaboration with the principals and design leaders in our offices.”
Esser continues, “Furthering KTGY’s commitment to providing our clients a full range of services for senior living, we are pleased to elevate Ben Seager to the national role of practice leader for 75+ service-enriched communities. Ben is a proven innovator who is passionate about creating life plan communities and optimal environments for service-enriched senior living.”
As the national 55+ active adult practice leader, Gonzalez is currently focusing on the Rocky Mountain States. He is collaborating with KTGY Principal Bill Ramsey, AIA, expanding the firm’s active adult practice in that region.
A selection of award-winning senior living communities from KTGY’s portfolio include:
Active Adult Communities:
- Ovation at Mountain Falls, William Lyon Homes, an age-focused community providing single-level homes that feature contemporary desert architecture using materials that can withstand the temperatures of the Nevada desert.
- Trilogy in Summerlin, Shea Homes, a 354-unit, age-focused luxury community of Shea’s Trilogy brand. Located within the Summerlin Master Plan in Nevada, the community offers resort-style amenities and the opportunity for residents to participate in Summerlin’s active lifestyle.
- Canvas at Valley Forge, The Bozzuto Group, a for-rent community designed for active adults who choose a lock and leave lifestyle that allows them to travel or enjoy the local community while living in a contemporary community with extensive amenities and access to the Philadelphia metropolitan area.
- Regency at Summerlin, Toll Brothers, a gated for-sale single-family residential community with open floor plans and distinctive outdoor spaces set in the amenity-filled Summerlin Master Plan.
Service Enriched Senior Communities:
- Reata Glen, Spieker Senior Development, a life plan community that opened in May of 2019 in Rancho Mission Viejo, California; the 480-unit community offers an array of lifestyle choices and resort-style amenities on 60 acres.
- Regency Palms, Global Premier Development, a renovation and adaptation of an eight-story historic office building into a 91-unit assisted living and memory care residence with a rooftop deck located in walkable and transit-oriented downtown Long Beach, California.
- 810 Pine Avenue, Global Premier Development, a new construction, contemporary residential tower that is the neighbor property to Regency Palms, planned as an assisted living community.
KTGY’s R+D Studio, as a part of the firm’s commitment to the continual search for better, is actively participating in forward-thinking about senior living. Recent KTGY R+D concepts include:
- Next Steps, an urban, mixed-use concept for senior living.
About KTGY Architecture + Planning
Founded in 1991, KTGY Architecture + Planning is a leading full-service design firm focused on residential and mixed-use developments and neighborhood revitalization. KTGY seamlessly delivers innovation, artistry and attention to detail across multiple design studios, ensuring that clients and communities get the best the firm has to offer no matter the building type or location. KTGY’s architects and planners combine big picture opportunities, leading-edge sustainable practices and impeccable design standards to create memorable destinations of enduring value. KTGY serves clients worldwide from offices located in Chicago, Denver, Irvine, Los Angeles, Oakland, Pune (India) and Tysons. See www.ktgy.com.