KTGY Welcomes New Member to Board of Directors, Appoints Two New Shareholders and Celebrates Recent Promotions
April 11, 2023
KTGY, a leading national full-service architecture, branding, interior and planning firm focused on residential, retail, hospitality and mixed-use developments, announced today new leadership positions including a new rotational board member, two shareholders, and five director and associate principal promotions.
“We are excited to welcome Keith Labus onto the board of directors and Adam Lara and Mark Oberholzer to our exceptional group of shareholders,” said Jill Williams, AIA, managing principal, chairman of the board. “The leadership and wealth of experience Keith, Adam, Mark bring to the table will be critical to our firm’s growth as a fully integrated design practice.”
As one of the nation’s top design firms, KTGY’s diverse service offerings and local expertise combined with its commitment to generation-to-generation leadership continues to propel the firm’s growth. This winning combination drove significant year-over-year revenue growth of nearly 25 percent in 2022.
“Each of these individuals exemplifies a passion for innovative design, strong leadership acumen and a desire to mentor and inspire others all of which are vital to the success of the firm” said Tricia Esser, CEO of KTGY. “Keith, Adam and Mark bring a unique set of expertise and a commitment to make a positive impact on communities and elevate the role of built spaces in people’s lives.”
NEW BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEMBER NAMED:
Keith Labus, AIA, LEED AP. Based in KTGY’s Irvine, California office, Keith offers his clients over 20-years of award-winning planning and design experience. Over KTGY’s 31-year history, the firm has delivered over 100 affordable housing communities – resulting in over 10,000 units – and Keith has personally managed many of these projects. His experience is particularly focused on urban infill and mixed-use residential, for both market-rate and affordable communities, nationwide. Keith spearheaded the Anton Menlo residential apartments development, which was awarded the Best Architectural Design of a Multifamily Community in the Excellence in Home Building Awards. He is a hands-on leader, who ensures that each project has clear direction while sustaining open communication between consultants, clients and relevant jurisdictions.
Adam Lara, AIA, LEED AP. Organized, strategic, detail-oriented and extremely hands on, Adam truly immerses himself into the entire design process, understanding and adapting to the needs of every project. As a leader in KTGY’s Chicago interior design studio, he maintains day-to-day operations and provides high-level guidance to the design staff. Through cultural and environmental research, he continuously finds new ways to merge craft with technology. With years of experience in hospitality, residential and corporate architecture and design, Adam has developed lifelong relationships within the industry. An invaluable resource and liaison, he bridges the gap between designers and clients while expertly leading the allocation of people and resources.
Mark Oberholzer, AIA, LEED AP, an exceptional leader in the firm’s Los Angeles office, has spent the last five years at the forefront of KTGY’s expertise in innovative construction techniques – harnessing the design possibilities of modular construction, bearing steel stud systems and heavy timber. Mark’s commitment to construction innovation is demonstrated in the supportive housing development, Hope on Alvarado, which creatively utilizes purpose-built steel modules. Mark’s strength is engaging with the context of client goals, zoning complexity, urban design, stakeholder influences, economic imperatives and design integrity to develop extraordinary architectural solutions. He sees construction technology as another part of the context of design, bringing a conviction that collaboration, imagination, hard work and a sense of humor are the best tools to reach the goal of better design.
KTGY has also announced a wave of promotions across the firm, recognizing the following individuals for their achievements and contributions to the firm’s success.
- Brian Fraser, Associate Principal (Tysons, VA): Brian has over 14 years of experience in multifamily design and construction, specializing in mid-rise and high-rise product types.
- Fabiola Troncoso, Director, Interiors (Chicago, IL): Deeply invested in each client and project, Fabiola creates fluid, concept-driven design narratives that deliver an enduring, tangible style experience and technological connectivity to the modern user.
- Fausto Teran, Director, Production (Oakland, CA): Fausto oversees the coordination of projects from design development through construction administration, ensuring that the design intent is realized. His diverse background demonstrates an understanding of the past, present and future of architecture, implementing a knowledge base that shapes advancements in his field.
- Elwin Wong, Director, Production (Oakland, CA): Elwin manages the development of communities from design conception to construction administration. His extensive knowledge of mixed-use podium and wrap buildings allows him to deliver exceptional client service and results.
- Melissa Jaro, Executive Director, Human Resources (Irvine, CA): In her role overseeing the Human Resources studio, Melissa partners with KTGY leadership to help grow, nurture and retain its team members.