Zac Miles AIA Named Associate Principal at KTGY Architecture + Planning
February 15, 2019
OAKLAND, Calif. – KTGY Architecture + Planning has promoted Zac Miles, AIA, to associate principal, announced Jill Williams, AIA, chairman of KTGY’s board of directors and managing principal of the firm’s Oakland office. With more than 18 years of experience in residential design and project management, Miles formerly served as director in KTGY’s Oakland office.
“Zac’s promotion is the well-earned recognition of his dedication to our clients and the many contributions he has made to the growth and success of the firm,” said Williams. “Zac exemplifies professionalism, outstanding technical and design expertise and leadership; we look forward to his continued success.”
As associate principal for KTGY’s Oakland office, Miles is focused on design and construction of high-density, multifamily developments on infill sites throughout the San Francisco Bay Area, particularly transit-oriented developments. He is a talented team leader, drawing on his comprehensive experience and strong technical knowledge to manage a team of skilled professionals undertaking complex design and construction projects that reinvigorate the community. He has been instrumental in championing the extensive use of Building Information Modeling (BIM) and Revit to assist clients in the marrying of architectural design, MEP (mechanical, electrical and plumbing) and structural engineering and construction prior to construction commencing. Miles serves on KTGY’s Quality Control committee, which establishes companywide quality assurance and quality control procedures.
Miles’ current work on the boards and under construction in the San Francisco Bay Area includes:
- Capitol 650 (350 apartment homes) in Milpitas located near the future BART Station Milpitas (Lennar Multifamily Communities);
- Residential developments in the 111-acre master-planned mixed-use community of Warm Springs in Fremont adjacent to the new Warm Springs BART Station (Lennar Multifamily Communities, Toll Brothers and Eden Housing);
- Alexan Webster in downtown Oakland, a 234-unit mixed-use luxury apartment community with 15,000 square feet of neighborhood-serving street-front retail that is currently under construction (Trammell Crow Residential);
- St. Patrick Way Residential in Dublin, a new 499-unit apartment community near the West Dublin BART station and downtown, which is expected to break ground in the spring and includes a 1,500-square-foot co-working space that will be open to the public (Bayview Development Group and The Morley Bros);
- The Platform, a transit-oriented, mixed-use development totaling approximately 550 residential units with 40,000 square feet of retail adjacent the new Berryessa BART station in San Jose, which is currently under construction (Western National Group); and
- Stevens Creek Promenade in West San Jose, a 10-acre project, which would include up to 300,000 square feet of Class A office space, 10,000 square feet of retail and 582 rental apartments (Fortbay Development).
Miles joined KTGY in 2011, having previously completed a wide range of large multifamily projects throughout California. Miles is a licensed architect in California and is certified by the National Council of Architectural Registrations Board (NCARB). He is also a 2018 graduate of KTGY’s proprietary leadership training program. He received a degree in architecture from TAFE Queensland in Brisbane, Australia and is a member of the American Institute of Architects (AIA).