Request: work/uc-irvine-puerta-del-sol
Matched Rewrite Rule: work/([^/]+)(?:/([0-9]+))?/?$
Matched Rewrite Query: work=uc-irvine-puerta-del-sol&page=
Loaded Template: single-work.php

UC Irvine Puerta del Sol

Irvine, CA | University of California, Irvine (UCI)

UC Irvine Puerta del Sol

Irvine, CA | University of California, Irvine (UCI)

Download Brochure Sheet (PDF)

Client

American Campus Communities

Location

Irvine, CA | University of California, Irvine (UCI)

Typology

Graduate Student Housing

Facts

  • Density: 187 beds/ac
  • Unit Plan Sizes: 347-785 sq. ft.
  • Number of Beds: 562
  • Number of Units: 389 du
  • Site Area: 3.0 ac (Gross)
  • Number of Stories: 4
  • LEED Gold Certified
  • Parking: 1.0 car/bed (51 cars on-site) - remaining parking structure
  • Construction Type: V
  • Certification: LEED Gold

Awards

2011 Multifamily Executive Awards

  • Project of the Year: Student (Award Winner)

2011 Gold Nugget Awards

  • Community Site Plan - up to 20 AC (Grand Award)
  • Campus Housing Project (Merit)

2011 NAHB Pillars of the Industry

  • Best Student Housing Rental Apartment Community (Finalist)

Story

UC Irvine currently has over 27,000 enrolled students with nearly 2,000 faculty members. This is the third phase of a privately owned and managed, on-campus, apartment style student housing community serving unmarried, graduate students. Graduate housing consists of stacked flats in 4-story buildings arranged around courtyards directly fronting on Campus Drive and Arroyo Drive. The graduate apartments are located north of existing, on-campus, graduate housing. Both sites are linked to recreation facilities and the campus core via pedestrian and bicycle trails. Approximately 10% of parking serving students is located onsite, the remaining 90% is provided on a nearby site accessible by shuttle and comprised of a 7-level parking structure which also serves the student recreation center.

Location

10000 Adobe Circle South
Irvine, CA 92617