Last Friday Jonathan Boriack had the opportunity to talk about architecture and what architects do to 2 bus loads of high school students as part of the annual BIA-PWB Job Shadow Day. They brought the kids out to our Lennar condo project at Westport Village (Lot 3) in Dublin.
Contrary to some of their expressions below, the kids all contributed to a great day, asked lots of questions and even humored him by giving me a list of items they would change in their home if given the chance. It’s never too soon to be thinking about what the next generation of home buyers is interested in!
Some of the more popular things they’d change (in order of popularity):
- More Bathrooms/Bigger Bathrooms/Own Bathroom (they have siblings after all)
- Bigger Entertaining Space/Larger Living Space/Open Floor Plan (I assume for parties when your parents aren’t home)
- More Windows/More Natural Light/Skylights
- More Storage
- Higher Ceilings
- Bonus Room/Work Area/Basement/Secret Bat Cave
- Entertaining Kitchen/Big Island (again…for parties when your parents aren’t home)